Price Scholars are required to perform 200 to 300 hours of community service in the larger community during each year they participate in the program. This equals approximately 5 to 8 hours per week, from August through July. Between the first and second year, scholars may choose an internship experience.
Scholars choose a site from a variety of locations and services selected to give a range of experiences. Scholars are encouraged to select a site that will help their career plans.
Community Service Goals
• Develop or enhance basic career readiness skills.
• Experience service at one specific community organization or school during the first year of the program.
• Learn the career opportunities available at the service site.
• Develop and achieve personal learning goals through community service and seminars.
• Expand knowledge and awareness through service and guided reflection.
• Be a source to other scholars through the sharing of knowledge and experience.
*Updates to web sites are requested.